Did you know that the Town of Yarmouth has partnered with Duffy Health Center to provide direct assistance for Yarmouth residents who need treatment and access to community resources for substance use?
A Recovery Support Navigator is available to offer advice and personalized assistance with treatment for substance use (including heroin, other opioids, alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, and other substances) to Yarmouth residents. The Recovery Support Navigator will:
- Link you to providers at Duffy for treatment and counseling
- Provide information and referrals to inpatient and outpatient programs at other agencies
- Refer you to additional community resources
- Provide support, guidance, and advocacy
- Offer recovery support options
- Will follow up with you
Yarmouth residents should contact Edith Samson, Recovery Support Navigator, Duffy Health Center (508) 771-9599, ext 138. Calls are accepted Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Beginning in July 2018 and recognized by the Commissioner of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Monica Bharel, this 2-year program was funded by a grant from the Yarmouth Board of Selectmen to the Yarmouth Board of Health and Yarmouth Substance Awareness Committee (Y-SAC).