The Department of Human Services is seeking an Intern for the spring semester, 2020. Applications are due by November 30, 2019.
This internship will focus on the Department of Human Services Information and Referral Database and On-Line Directory. Tasks will include:
- On-Line Research
- Ability to work independently
- Keeps supervisor fully informed
- Attention to detail
- Able to accept constructive feedback
Please see the full job description here.
Hours: Mostly flexible hours with some assigned to attend meetings
Required skills: Knowledge of, and experience with, health and human services systems and resources in the region. Familiarity with a public health approach preferred.
Education level: Open Juniors and Seniors enrolled at an accredited college or university who have an interest in social work.
What can you expect to gain from this internship?
- Increased knowledge of health and human services in the region
- Understanding of the mechanics and back end of an online resource directory
- Gain experience working in a municipal setting and interacting with staff and contracted staff
- Public speaking
- Information and Referral Specialist Training
Learn more about the Department of Human Services